New Year’s Resolutions?
Hypnosis can Help
“Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions.
Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.”
~ Mark Twain
It’s coming time to make those New Year’s Resolutions again. Will you make the same list? Hypnosis can help. With the approach of a New Year our thoughts turn to making a fresh start, making changes and, inevitably, New Year’s resolutions. We see it as the time of year to overcome our faults and weaknesses and suddenly become the perfect human beings we think we ought to be.
In our dreams and imaginations, we envision ourselves awakening to a New Year with the sudden magical ability to overcome our bad habits and addictions through sheer willpower alone… a tactic which rarely, if ever, works.
Time Magazine once compiled a list of the ten top commonly broken resolutions. “Lose weight and get fit” took the number one spot, closely followed by “quit smoking.” Both very worthwhile goals, but neither of them easily achieved overnight cold turkey!
Setting yourself a goal as enormous as losing weight or quitting smoking as a New year’s resolution is destined for disaster. It’s unreasonable to expect yourself to make such a sudden and significant change to your lifestyle.
The solution for a good resolution:
Make your changes small, specific and actionable!
- Rather than “I will work out,” go for something like “I will go for a brisk walk after lunch every day.”
- Instead of “I’m really going to cut down on my food intake,” say “I will drink a glass of water before each meal to help fill me up.”
- Replace a sweeping statement like “I will lose 50 lbs” with “I will pack my own healthy lunch instead of buying my usual fast food.”
When resolutions aren’t enough:
- If you’ve made unsuccessful attempts in the past to change your behavior
- If you have behaviors or addictions that you can no longer control
- If you really want to change your life around, but don’t know where to begin
Hypnotherapy with Susan French could be the solution you’re looking for. Hypnosis will reprogram your mind to embrace healthy new habits while helping you to uncover and resolve the cause of your unhappiness.
If you or someone you know suffers from any kind of addiction, please feel free to arrange a FREE consultation to ask any questions, get information or just chat. No obligation or pressure.
Here’s to your success,